Catholic Identity at St. Christopher School
Celebrating the Eucharist and our faith is the central focus of St. Christopher Parish. As children of the parish, students participate in numerous faith filled events throughout the year such as:.
Weekly children's liturgy
- Monday, Alternating between 1-3 and 4-6 (9:00)
- Thursday, All School Liturgy (9:00)
- Daily prayer
- Student led and prepared prayer during closing announcements
- Religion classes daily
- Discussion of the Sunday gospel reading on Friday.
- First Reconciliation (second graders)
- First Eucharist (second graders)
- Advent and Lenten Activities
- Celebrate Catholic Schools' Week, typically the last week of January.
- Stations of the Cross: Fifth Grade leads a parish Stations of the Cross during the Lent. They also lead this for the school. Fourth Grade also leads a Stations of the Cross for the school.
- Students create cards for Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) participants.
- Pray the living rosary (Students make up the beads of the rosary.)
- A Promise to Keep peer mentoring program
Safe and Sacred Training for adults
- School wide food drives for the St. Christopher Food Pantry
- Weekly/Monthly help and collection for the Food Pantry-First, fifth and sixth grade
- Write letters to newly baptized in the parish-Second Grade
- Write letters to the parish shut-ins-Third Grade
- Visit the Lakeview Nursing Home twice a month-Fourth Grade
- Glove and Sock Collection-Kindergarten
- 6thgrade serve as helpers for PreK students at lunch and recess
- 6thgrade serve as helpers for the cafeteria staff.
- Charity kick ball game for a worthy need decided by the student council and student body.
- Giving tree (parish driven, but student participation)